Welcome to Avalon
The Music Library uses Avalon to provide access to streaming audio and video collections for the Library. Some content is only available when you sign in. Sign in with your UCLA authentication for use both on and off campus. Avalon currently holds thousands of recordings from the Music Library, Arts Library, East Asian Library and Young Research Library. Use the search box, or browse using the terms on the left side to discover content. We add recordings every week. Recent additions from the Music Library’s collections include Southern California Punk CDs, Los Angeles Hip Hop CDs, Bollywood DVDs, and some of our most used CDs. You can listen and watch via Avalon and also find links in the Library Catalog to individual Avalon recordings. You can request that we add a recording from our circulating collections. Send any request via email with the Call Number for the recording.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The recording I need for my research or teaching is not in Avalon. Can I request that a recording from the Music Library be added to Avalon?
- Yes! Send us an email with the Call number for the recording and we will add it.
- Why are some of the Library's recordings in Avalon and some are not?
- We are adding recordings as we can and by request.
- Where else can I find online audio and video at UCLA?
- For Library collections, you can find them on the Audio and Video Guide and the Film and Video Collections Guide.